Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Juice-mania

I'm on day 16 of my 21-day all juice and pureed veggie detox. I have got to say that a homemade juice blend of carrot, celery, cucumber, broccoli, spinach, and kiwi is actually not bad (besides the fact that it is my entire lunch...)! At this point the kiwi is even too sweet for me - I think I'll have to switch to using 1/2 an apple instead. The Naked Juice brand Green Machine Drink, featuring spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, barley grass, wheat grass, parsley, and blue green algae is similarly good. Surprising, huh (blue green algae!)? However, the powdered green drink that I am supposed to mix into water is horrible.

I'm looking forward to some day in the future when I can eat (chew) again, but these juices and my mom's salt-free split pea soup aren't too bad. But just ask me how I feel about all this on the weekend or during the Manayunk brewfest and my feelings may be different.

5 days left and my body will be detoxified!

D

1 comment:

Los said...

I don't think I'd be able to survive more than a day with just fruit and veggies ... I need to find a good cheese-steak and french fry diet.