Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Have a Culinary Boner

The Top Chef reunion show featured a shirt that Des will have to start wearing in the kitchen, courtesy of her fan favorite chef, Andrew the Spazz.

It was funny when Lisa mentioned that people were giving her dirty looks on the street. Probably nothing new, just the first she noticed it.

So there's going to be a teen top chef next. Not sure if I'll bother watching what happens for that. There's enough mac n' cheese and hot dogs in the grown-up version.

Says Des: "What are we going to do Wednesday nights now?"

Also, rumor has it that Top Chef 5 will be in New York. Hopefully rumor is wrong and Phila has a chance!

Off topic: Our tomatoes, by request.




Next time: I'll review Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, also by request.

4 comments:

Los said...

I think shows are deliberately staying away from Philly because of all the issues with unions ... remember all the hoops that Real World had to jump through to film in Philly? Oh, and rememeber the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? It's in Cleveland ... was supposed to be in Philly ... thanks unions!

Anonymous said...

The garden looks great you guys! I have my first little zucchini growing, but some beyotch bug ate the bloom, so I hope it's ok. I researched some tips for making at home "natural" pest deterrents and applied that this morning...we'll see.

I need to take some pics so you can see the garden sans weeds. Ha!

Anyway. How many wooden stakes do you want for your tomato plants? I'll bring them over on Saturday =)

schue said...

Yea - Pilly won't get it, and I don't think "Top Chef Valley Forge" sounds too good. Good thing your growing your own tomatoes!
I think North Philly might be safer than the produce aisle these days.

Anonymous said...

That cherry tomato plant is a beast. You would be surprised with how big 3 of mine got, but not quite that big. Did you transplant that one from the pot?