Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Honeymoon!!!

Is finally booked! No thanks to the travel agent. If you are considering using one for anything, DON'T! Anyway, Argentina! We'll get to Buenos Aires for one night and stay at the Broadway All-Suites in the center of town. Then we'll fly to San Rafael, a small city in the Mendoza wine region for 3 nights and stay at a winery/estate there called the Algodon Wine Estates - we'll have a winery tour on horseback, an in-room massage, a spa day, a golf lesson, a wine tasting, etc. Then, back to BA, where we'll stay in Palermo Soho at the Glu Hotel


We just watched the Chilean episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations last night - first, its making me sad that we didn't decide to go to Patagonia, also in Argentina. But second, I can't find his Argentine episode. I know its out there - I saw a short clip. So since I can't get any recommendations from Bourdain, does anyone else have any? Restaurants, sites, food or drink, etc? Tips on bringing wine back? 

5 comments:

johnsons531 said...

sounds amazing! I asked around about what to do in BA so I'll let you know what I find out.

johnsons531 said...

ok, my friend said "wine and meat!" and also to check out Samantha Brown instead of Bourdain.

Steve and Des said...

thanks, sarah - i'll check out Samantha Brown. I found the Bourdain episode, by the way. I didn't think to look on iTunes before for some reason. But it sucked. 3/4 of it was about gauchos, and while they are interesting, I'm not really interested in herding cattle. And all they showed of BA was the slums.

plmest said...

these places all look awesome! Sounds great! I'll let you know if we catch any travel shows on tv-Globe Trekker goes to s america alot.

Conrad said...

That sounds like a great honeymoon. My friend Bob and I have enjoyed some beautiful evenings together in the mountains of Buenos Aires.